Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Dallas Work Trip - with Surprise Hockey!

Earlier this month I (Paul) had a work trip to Dallas. I've been to Dallas before, but it's been a decade, so I was excited to visit again. Since it was for work I didn't have free time during the day, but did have a couple of evenings to explore.

My conference was in downtown Dallas, which isn't too exciting, but I made it out to the nearby Deep Ellum and Uptown neighborhoods, which are much more lively. On the last evening we went to the Katy Trail Ice House and I noticed a lot of people wearing green jerseys. Turns out there was a Dallas Stars hockey game that evening. I hadn't been to an NHL game since the Thrashers left Atlanta in 2011, so I jumped at the chance. Overall a nice quick trip to Dallas.


There are a few cool older buildings in downtown.

Lighting on the AT&T plaza.

A little food hall downtown.

Some "meh" tacos in the food hall.

View from my hotel room.

The edge of downtown Dallas.

A cool statue in downtown.

AT&T plaza early in the morning.

A little plaza in downtown.

Cow statues next to the convention center.

The Deep Ellum neighborhood.

BBQ at Pecan Lodge! Expensive but delicious.

The Katy Trail is a wonderful amenity for the city. I walked on it all the way to the arena.

Having dinner outside under the cottonwoods and oaks at Katy Trail Ice House.

Great to go to an NHL game again.

The Stars won 5-0!

Downtown Dallas at night.

One last iced coffee before heading to the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment