Sunday, June 23, 2013

I love Konglish!

Koreans use English a lot in advertising and business names.  They throw it around like we use French, it instantly fancies up a place.  Unfortunately, our two languages are different enough that the point they're trying to make doesn't always come across crystal clear to native English speakers.  Here is a collection of the best Konglish (Korean-English) from my recent trip to Korea.  Remember, this isn't meant to insult anyone...when I see Konglish it makes me smile.  Hopefully,  it'll make you smile too! =)

"New feeling of soda beverage" indeed.  It tastes like lemon-lime milk.
I'm sure this is some kinda copyright infringement!
I AM always wondering what's "most recommendable"
From now on, I'm starting all letters "Dear. You"
I want to go to there...
Ain't no party like a Thursday Party because a Thursday Party don't stop!
In all fairness, they use "ho" to mean "hoff"...don't mix your German and English people!
Where do you want to go for coffee?  I dunno "whoever."
Just weird
hehe.  Baby Face.
Governor of New Jersey *slash* female clothing boutique in Busan!
Kinda insulting, no?
Hmm....
Man, this is the "Coffee of Dream!"
Well, Lotteria...I do enjoy "injoy"ing stuff!
I'm YOUR fan too!  Wait, what are we fans of?!
Ha!  I imagine clown-filled horrifying rooms!
Ok ok, kinda immature.  tee hee
What a coincidence!  I hate Mondays too, but so does everyone... how are we unique?
Drinking is Fun Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment